Victoria, BC Canada
South Coast Vancouver Island
Victoria, Canada is the capital of British Columbia and is located on Vancouver Island. Known as the City of Flowers, it's a favorite spot for holidays and vacations.
And because there are so many wonderful attractions and events, there is something for everyone to enjoy here.
It's difficult to choose the one most famous attraction in Victoria.
The Empress Hotel, the beautiful Inner Harbour, and beautiful Beacon Hill Park certainly rank among the top choices, but there is definitely lots to see while you're here!
Lighted Parliament Building beyond Victoria Harbor.
The Best of Victoria, British Columbia
And the South Coast
If you enter the Island by Victoria, one of the first things you will see is the beautiful Victoria Harbor, known to the locals simply as the Inner Harbour.
The photo above shows the Inner Harbor at night. In the summer time, it's a hub of activity even at night, with talented buskers, artists, and even festivals to take in.
There is a walkway around the Harbor, and it is incredibly beautiful during the spring and summer months when it is just covered with gorgeous flowers.
Here are some of the attractions and places of interest in Victoria Canada:
Victoria BC Weather - Here is the weather forecast for the South Coast of Vancouver Island...
Astronomical Society of Victoria – Dedicated to teaching the public about astronomy, this is an interesting visit and a great place to take kids…
- Victoria Butterfly Gardens – Kids and adults alike are just fascinated by butterflies—and this is a great way to see thousands of them!
- Empress Hotel, Victoria BC – The grandest of them all. While you are in town, make sure you visit this great hotel. Consider having High Tea at the Empress—a truly wonderful experience!
- City of Victoria BC – Here are many more outstanding attractions and activities in Victoria British Columbia…
Downtown Victoria BC.
- Vancouver Island Retirement Living – Vancouver Island is the most popular retirement destination in Canada, and Victoria Canada is the place where most retirees choose to live...
- Victoria BC Hotels – Where to stay? Here are some suggestions for staying in the city…
- Victoria Marathon – This is one of the great ones. If you enjoy being in a Marathon, put the Victoria Marathon on your list…
- Esquimalt BC – Walking distance from Victoria. Visit the Esquimalt Naval Base here, along with some interesting parks and walking tours…
Buchart Gardens is a popular tourist spot nearby.Saanich BC – Saanich is very close to Victoria and it has some very interesting attractions, as well…Sidney British Columbia – Sidney is the business center of the area. However, it has much to offer the tourist. My favorite activity in Sidney BC is to go to the Summer Street Markets on Beacon Ave. from June through August. You can get great foods, buy arts and crafts and listen to music performers on the street…Sooke BC – Sooke is another community that is very close to Victoria. Here are some of the more interesting places and events in Sooke…Lake Cowichan – This is the town. It’s a great family vacation spot, as Dad can go fishing, the kids can have fun in the water and Mom can go shopping and sample wines…Cowichan Lake – The lake and the town are both in wine country. And a visit to the area brings you right into historical territory for the First Nations peoples. You’ll enjoy the area…
These are only a few of the many attractions in and around the Victoria Canada city. Many people who come to Vancouver Island never leave the Victoria area, as they find so much to see and do there that they just don’t have enough time to explore any further!
Return from Victoria, Canada to Discover Vancouver Island Home Page