Vancouver Island Hotels
Vancouver Island Accommodations
Vancouver Island hotels and accommodations range from simple cabins and campgrounds, to luxury resorts and spas. You can also get family vacation packages that include your Vancouver Island accommodations and tours.
When you have decided what you would like to do on your vacation, and where you would like to do it, you are ready to look at Vancouver Island accommodations.
There are many hotels, cottages and resorts on the Island. Reservations are strongly recommended in the busy Summer season, as tourism is one of the island's main industries.
However, in some locations such as the North Island, you'd be wise to make reservations no matter what time of year you visit, as accommodations are very limited.
Photo courtesy of belindah
How about a cabin with a view?
Vancouver Island Accommodations
Hotels, Cabins or Resorts
Depending on your budget and your needs, there are many choices for accommodations on Vancouver Island.
There are, of course, more choices for Vancouver Island hotels in the Victoria area,simply because most people who come to the Island spend at least one night in or around the city of Victoria.
- Wickaninnish Inn – The Inn is a great place to stay when you are storm watching in the winter. Or, why not consider staying here for the annual Pacific Rim Whale Festival in March or the Tofino Shorebird Festival in May?
Eco-friendly Hotels – Vancouver Island is fast becoming a destination for eco-friendly vacations, and many of our hotels have jumped on the band wagon…
Sunshine Coast Accommodations – If your main objective is to have a family beach vacation with good weather, you might want to consider some of these Vancouver Island accommodations…
- Dog Friendly Accommodations – Will your dog be coming along with you? If so, you’ll be interested in some of these dog-friendly places to stay…
- Parksville Accommodation – Here are some local places to stay in the Parksville and Qualicum Beach areas…
- Bed & Breakfast on Vancouver Island – Bed and breakfasts are a great way to meet the locals and get insider information on the best things to see and do…
- Tofino Resorts – There are some lovely Tofino resorts, some with specials and vacation packages that make them more affordable…
- Sidney BC Hotels – Sidney BC is near the airport and close to Victoria. You might prefer to be a little outside Victoria, and this lovely seaside town has much to offer, yet the bigger city of Victoria is only 20 minutes away…
- Mount Washington Resort – Of course you know about skiing on Mount Washington, but did you know that you can go hiking or mountain biking in the summer? And what about the summer events at Mount Washington Resort, like the Summer Brewfest and the Winefest?
- Tofino Hotels – Not every hotel is a luxury resort, and there are comfortable hotels in Tofino that are more affordable…
- Hotels in Campbell River – You have a number of choices in Campbell River, from Best Western to the famous Painter’s Lodge
- Port Alberni Hotels – There are a number of hotels in Port Alberni, and this is a good place to stay when you are attending the Port Alberni Salmon Fest or the Octoberfest.
Finding the perfect place to stay is half the fun of taking a vacation. Vancouver Island hotels vary quite a bit in their amenities and their rates.
I'll be back soon to update this section and provide lots of links to help you find a great “home base” from which to operate while you’re here...
Return from Vancouver Island Hotels to
Discover Vancouver Island Home Page